Business Visitor Visa
What is a UK Business Visitor Visa?
The UK business visitor visa is generally preferred by business travelling employees and their employers since the application process is typically less complex than other work visa routes such as a skilled worker visa.
Under the business visitor visa, you are allowed to travel to the UK for a short-term stay, usually for a period of no longer than six months, for a specific range of business-related activities.
UK Business Visitor Visa Rules
To be eligible for a Business Visitor Visa you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- You have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules
- You will leave the UK at the end of your visit and within the permitted period
- You have enough money without help from public funds to support and accommodate yourself
- You can pay for your return or onward journey
- It is inherent within these criteria that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes, namely business-related activities, and that you will not undertake any prohibited activities.
Permitted Business Activities
It is important to know what activities are permitted under the standard business visitor visa during your short term stay in the UK. Immigration laws are very strict in the UK and applications or entry into the UK may be denied if your application or objectives are not clearly stated. We always recommend checking with the UK government website before travelling. Permitted activities that you can complete during a short-term stay under the UK business visa include allowing you to:
- To attend meetings, conferences, seminars or interviews
- Give a one-off or short series of talks provided these are not organised as commercial events and will not make a profit for the organiser
- Negotiate and sign deals and contracts
- Attend trade fairs, for promotional work only, provided the visitor is not directly selling
- Carry out site visits and inspections
- Gather information for their employment overseas
- Be briefed on the requirements of a UK-based customer, provided any work for the customer is done outside of the UK.
- Advise, consult, trouble-shoot or provide training to UK employees of the same corporate group
- Share skills and knowledge on a specific internal project with UK employees of the same corporate group provided no work is carried out directly with clients
- Carry out regulatory or financial audits as an internal auditor at a UK branch of the same group of companies as your employer overseas.
What is not permitted on a Business Visitor Visa UK?
Under the Visitor Rules there are also activities that are strictly prohibited. You must not intend to study in the UK, access medical treatment other than private medical treatment or to donate an organ, or to marry or form a civil partnership. In particular, unless expressly allowed by the permitted activities, you must not intend to work in the UK, which includes the following:
- Establishing or running a business as a self-employed person
- Directly selling to the public
- Taking employment in the UK
- Providing goods and services
- Doing work for an organisation or business in the UK
- Doing a work placement or internship
- When engaging in permitted activities, this must not amount to you taking employment, or doing work that amounts to you filling a role or providing short-term cover for a role within a UK based organisation.
How do I apply for a UK Business Visitor Visa?
The earliest you can apply is three months before you travel, and you should get a decision within around three weeks – although you should check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you’re applying from.
An application for a Business Visitor Visa must be made while you are outside the UK. You will need to complete an online application and pay a fee. You will also need to provide a valid travel document, supporting documentation and, where applicable, biometric information, ie; your fingerprints and a digital photo.
If your application for a Business Visitor Visa is successful you can usually stay in the UK for up to six months.
Why choose Whytecroft Ford for your UK Immigration Application?
Free 15-Minute Assessment
We offer a 15 minutes free immigration advice UK session to assess your eligibility for an immigration application. We can then advise you on the best course of action and provide detailed information about our full representation service.
No Hidden Charges & Fixed Fees
We will clearly outline all fees associated with your application so that you can make an informed decision. There are no surprises during the application process.
Highly Rated Services
Whytecroft Ford has a long-standing reputation as an Excellent immigration firm. Our Immigration services are highly rated on Trustpilot and Google.
We are regulated to a high service standard by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, UK, assuring our clients that we offer a quality service.
Secure Remote Services
We use secure technology to process your UK Immigration Application. Our remote services mean you can easily access our team from the comfort of your own home.
Our expert immigration advisors have many years of experience and have successfully assisted individuals and families to migrate and live in the UK.
How can we help you
Our experienced team will help you get clear and concise advice for your UK immigration application with a no-obligation assessment. During this assessment, we will:
- Assess the possibilities for obtaining, extending or switching into a particular UK immigration category, and
- Identify any strengths and/or challenges of your circumstances concerning your new application.
To contact our team:
- Fill in our contact form
- Call us at +44 (0)20 8757 5751
- Email us at [email protected].
With years of experience in the field and extensive knowledge of UK law and regulations, you can trust our highly driven team to provide clear, concise and reliable immigration advice and services.
Discuss your concerns and receive detailed advice from a qualified immigration adviser.
In-depth review of your application and written feedback from an experienced immigration adviser.
A dedicated and experienced immigration adviser will manage your application process.
Fast Track Application
A dedicated caseworker will prepare and submit your application on priority within 24 hours.