Marriage Visitor Visa
Apply for a UK Marriage Visitor Visa if you are looking to get married in the UK and subsequently leave the UK. This visa is valid for 6 months and cannot extend into any other category of visa.
What is the UK Marriage Visitor Visa?
A UK Marriage Visitor Visa will allow you to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK. The ceremony must take place at a licensed venue within 6 months of arrival. You can also travel through the UK in transit to another country.
With a Marriage Visitor Visa, you must not intend to live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or undertake any prohibited activities such as work or study. You will also not be allowed to work, access public funds, or study for more than 30 days.
If you plan on joining your partner in the UK and live and work in the UK, you will need to apply for a UK Fiance Visa.
What are the requirements of the UK Marriage Visitor Visa?
In order to qualify for a Marriage Visitor visa you will need to show that:
- You are over 18 years old
- You are free to give notice of marriage and to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within six months of your arrival
- You are in a genuine relationship
- You will visit the UK for less than six months and will then leave the UK
- You have sufficient funds available to you to cover the costs of your visit and your return journey without needing to rely on public funds.
What documents are required in the UK Marriage Visitor Visa application?
When applying for a Marriage Visitor Visa you will be required to submit a number of documents, some of the information and documents include the following:
- Your original and current passport or other valid travel identification.
- Documents to prove that you can support yourself during the entirety of your visit, for example, bank statements or payslips.
- Details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans.
- Details of the arrangements for notification of the marriage or civil partnership, such as a letter from the registry office.
- Details of the arrangements that have been made or are being made for your wedding or civil partnership to take place in the UK during your visit.
- Documentary evidence of your future plans for your relationship, including where you intend to live once you have married or entered into a civil partnership.
What is the cost of a UK Marriage Visitor visa?
The application fee for a Marriage Visitor visa is £95.00.
What is the processing time for a Marriage Visitor visa?
You should get a decision on your UK Marriage Visitor visa application within 3 weeks of attending your visa appointment. Depending on which Visa Centre you visit, you may be able to opt for priority services to quicken the processing time. A well prepare application will quicken the processing time.
How do I apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa?
The application form is required to be submitted online on the gov.uk website. You will be required to explain, amongst other things, the purpose of your intended visit, together with details of your fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner and your future plans together. You will also have to pay the relevant application fee.
You will also need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre outside the UK.
What does it mean to ‘give notice’ of marriage or civil partnership?
To ‘give notice’ of marriage or civil partnership, you and your partner must sign a statement at your local register office to say that you intend to get married or form a civil partnership. You must have lived in the registration district for the past 7 days before you can give notice.
If you or your partner are non-EEA nationals, you will need to give notice together at a designated register office.
The notice period is 28 clear days – therefore you must wait at least 29 days before your wedding ceremony can take place. During this waiting period, there is no need to remain in the UK.
Why choose Whytecroft Ford?
Free 15-Minute Assessment
We offer a 15 minutes free immigration advice UK session to assess your eligibility for an immigration application. We can then advise you on the best course of action.
No Hidden Charges & Fixed Fees
We will clearly outline all fees associated with your application so that you can make an informed decision. There are no surprises during the application process.
Highly Rated Services
Whytecroft Ford has a long-standing reputation as an Excellent immigration firm. Our Immigration services are highly rated on Trustpilot and Google.
We are regulated to a high service standard by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, UK, assuring our clients that we offer a quality service.
Secure Remote Services
We use secure technology to process your UK Immigration Application. Our remote services mean you can easily access our team from the comfort of your own home.
Our expert immigration advisors have many years of experience and have successfully assisted individuals and families to migrate and live in the UK.
How can we help you
Our experienced team will help you get clear and concise advice for your UK immigration application with a no-obligation assessment. During this assessment, we will:
- Assess the possibilities for obtaining, extending or switching into a particular UK immigration category, and
- Identify any strengths and/or challenges of your circumstances concerning your new application.
To contact our team:
- Fill in our contact form
- Call us at +44 (0)20 8757 5751
- Email us at [email protected].
With years of experience in the field and extensive knowledge of UK law and regulations, you can trust our highly driven team to provide clear, concise and reliable immigration advice and services.
Discuss your concerns and receive detailed advice from a qualified immigration adviser.
In-depth review of your application and written feedback from an experienced immigration adviser.
A dedicated and experienced immigration adviser will manage your application process.
Fast Track Application
A dedicated caseworker will prepare and submit your application on priority within 24 hours.