Indian Law Consultation
With our telephone consultation advice service, you can get expert NRI Legal advice tailored to your circumstances from an Indian lawyer, giving you a clear direction and course of action on your legal situation.
Take advantage of our FREE initial assessment.
What to expect from an NRI Legal Advice Telephone Consultation?
- Discuss your case in detail with an expert NRI Indian lawyer in an untimed advice session.
- Get comprehensive legal facts relevant to your circumstances in India.
- Get detailed legal answers to any questions related to your situation.
- You may choose to have the advice session over the phone if you are based in the UK or over skype/zoom/whatsapp if you are outside the UK.
- During the advice session, if you wish to opt for any of our other NRI Indian Legal Services, we will explain how we can arrange this.
This service is aimed at Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) who either owned or inherit a property in India. As such individuals are based outside of India, finding trustworthy, reliable and professional Indian legal advice and representation may pose a challenge. We aim to provide peace of mind and clear solutions to your legal issues in India.
What happens during an NRI Legal Advice Telephone Consultation?
- Provide tailored NRI Legal advice on your situation in India based on the facts that you provide.
- Outline an appropriate legal course of action in accordance with the facilities of the law.
- Explain the different Indian Court procedures and protocols involved in the said course of action (if required).
- Outline the expected processing times pertaining to the case/situation.
- Provide an assessment of the chances of success, whilst discussing the strengths and weaknesses of your application.
- Answer any follow-up queries in relation to the matter following the session.
What is included in your Indian Law Telephone Consultation?
- Detailed and specific advice on Indian Law and how it applies to your situation
- Provide a clear and concise action plan as per Indian Law
- Advice on the estimated costs involved
- Outline processing times
- Discuss any areas of concern that may affect you
- In-depth Q&A regarding your Indian Law issue
- General support
Book your Indian Law Telephone Consultation in just 4 easy steps for £349 today
Fill in our online form with basic details
We will contact you to arrange a suitable time
Make a payment via a secure method
Begin your telephone consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need any documentation to get detailed advice?
Based on your situation, we strongly suggest that you send us documentation (via secure email) so that we may provide clear and concise legal advice.
If you do not have any documentation, then advice shall be provided based on the facts that you supply.
How do I prepare for a telephone consultation?
What areas of Indian Law can I get advice on?
How long will the telephone consultation last?
How much does an on-phone consultation cost?
How can I make a payment?
- You can make a debit or credit card payment online through our secure payment service
- You can pay via bank transfer
- If you have an appointment with us, you can make a debit or credit card payment in person at our offices.
- You can pay on the phone prior to your advice session with your lawyer
Are there any additional costs?
Are you still providing services during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown?
What if I still have questions after the advice session has concluded?
If you have any questions that you were unable to ask during your session or you have any follow up questions you need answering, you will still have access to your lawyer who will answer these for you.
How can Whytecroft Ford help you?
Our Indian Legal experts will help you get the right advice for your situation with a Free 15 min Telephone Assessment or a Free Email Assessment.
During this assessment we will:
- Assess and advise you on your legal status in India.
- Identify any strengths and/or challenges of the circumstances of your situation in India.
- Based on your situation, we will recommend which level of service you should go for if you cannot decide.
Contact our team through any one of the following ways today:
- Request a no-obligation assessment of your case by filling our assessment form, or
- Call us to speak with a member of our team on +44 (0)20 8757 5751, or
- Email us at [email protected].