Document Translations for UK Visa

by | Apr 18, 2023 | UK Immigration

This post will explore the document translation requirements for UK visa applications. Applying for a Work, Family or Visit visa to the UK can be a complex process with a wide range of visa options available depending on the individual’s circumstances. However, one common thing for all visa applications is providing supporting documents to the Home Office UKVI. If any of these documents are not in English, it is essential to provide a full translation to ensure the application is considered. 

If you submit a document not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that the Home Office can independently verify. Birth certificates, marriage certificates and bank statements are common documents that usually need a translation. If any of these supporting documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by a full translation. You must submit the version in the original language and the full translation. Your translated documents must meet these requirements. 

Translation requirements for documents

As per UKVI guidelines, for any document that is not in English or Welsh, a fully-certified original translation is required for each document provided. The translation must be made by a professional translator or translation company. The translation must be dated and include the following:

  • confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
  • the full name and signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company;
  • the translator or translation company’s contact details; and
  • if the applicant is applying for leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, certification by a qualified translator and details of the translator or translation company’s credentials.

It is important to note that the visa application may be refused if the translation does not meet all the requirements. Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that the translation meets all the requirements specified by UKVI. 

How can we help

Whytecroft Ford provides advice and assistance with UK Immigration. To discuss your application with an experienced professional, contact our team on +442087575751 or use our contact form.

Related links

Frequently asked questions 

Does Whytecroft Ford offer translation services?

No, we do not offer translation services.

Can I translate my document?

A certified translator must translate the document for it to be accepted by the Home Office UKVI.

What is a certified translation?

A certified translation comes with a statement made by the translator or translation agency guaranteeing its accuracy, along with the date, the translator’s credentials, and contact details.

What Our Clients Say

Request a FREE assessment from our experts

Receive your assessment via:

Privacy Policy