The UK business visitor visa is generally preferred by business traveling employees and their employers since the application process is typically less complex than other work visa routes such as a skilled worker visa.
Under the business visitor visa, you are allowed to travel to the UK for a short term stay, usually for a period of no longer than six months, for a specific range of business-related activities.
What are the requirements for a UK Visitor Visa for business activities?
To be eligible for a Business Visitor Visa you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria as per the UK Immigration Rules:
- You have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules
- You will leave the UK at the end of your visit and within the permitted period
- You have enough money without help from public funds to support and
- accommodate yourself
- You can pay for your return or onward journey
- It is inherent within these criteria that you are genuinely seeking entry for a
- a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes, namely business-related activities, and that you will not undertake any prohibited activities.
- For a list of the business activities that are allowed to be undertaken and those that are not allowed please visit the full article by clicking the link in the description box.
The activities a Business Visitor can carry out during their stay in the UK include the following:
- attend meetings, conferences, seminars and interviews;
- negotiate and sign deals and contracts;
- attend trade fairs to carry out promotional work providing they are not selling directly to the public;
- gather information for their employment overseas; and
- be briefed on the requirements of a UK-based customer, provided any work for the customer is done outside of the UK.
How do I apply for a UK Business Visitor Visa?
The earliest you can apply is three months before you travel, and you should get a decision within around three weeks – although you should check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you’re applying from.
An application for a Business Visitor Visa must be made while you are outside the UK. You will need to complete an online application and pay a fee. You will also need to provide a valid travel document, supporting documentation and, where applicable, biometric information, ie; your fingerprints and a digital photo.
If your application for a Business Visitor Visa is successful you can usually stay in the UK for up to six months.
Contact our professional team for more information or for an initial consultation on your business visitor visa application today.