Spouse Visa Extension Application FLR(M)

by | Jan 6, 2021 | Further Leave to Remain, Spouse Visa Extension, UK Immigration

Following the initial Spouse/Civil Partner Visa grant of 30 months, non-EEA residents are required to apply for a Spouse Visa extension to continue to live in the UK with their spouse/partner, this is also known as Further Leave to Remain in the UK. The Spouse Visa extension will extend your stay in the UK for a further 30 months.

After 5 years (60 months) in the UK, you may be entitled to apply for UK permanent residence, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain. 

The requirements of a UK Spouse Visa extension are similar to the initial Spouse Visa and include being able to prove that you have been in a continuous relationship with your spouse/partner and intend to carry on living together in the UK. 

We provide expert legal advice and representation to individuals who are applying for a UK Spouse Visa extension or Civil Partnership extension. We pride ourselves in being a professional and friendly team.

UK Spouse Visa extension questions

Requirements of the UK Spouse/Civil PartnerExtension Visa 

The Spouse Visa extension requirements will vary depending on the individual’s personal circumstances, but the following is the basic criteria to be eligible:

  • You were granted initial leave under spouse/civil partner category
  • You are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with a British citizen or an individual with either Indefinite Leave to Remain or EU Settled Status in the UK
  • You have a combined income with your partner/spouse of at least £18,600
  • You have not breached any law or immigration condition
  • You are able to prove a certain level of English
  • You meet character suitability conditions

You are required to prove that you meet all of the above criteria through proper documentary evidence.

Documents required for a UK Spouse Visa Extension

Depending on your circumstances, some of the documents that is required to be included in a UK Spouse Visa extension application includes:

  • Your current passport or other travel documents
  • Your marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • Proof that you and your spouse are living together in the UK
  • Your National Insurance number 
  • Details of your accommodation in the UK
  • Bank statements and details of salary showing your sponsor can meet the financial requirement
  • Certified English language test certificate (unless exempt)
  • Your sponsor’s British passport or Indefinite Leave to remain documents
  • Details of dependant children 
  • Details of any criminal convictions, if applicable

How to apply for a UK Spouse/Civil Partner Visa Extension 

To apply to extend your UK Spouse/Civil Partnership Visa, usually the application form will be required to be submitted online. For the application to be valid, you must to ensure that you:

  • Apply on the correct form on the UK Government website
  • complete all the sections of the form as required
  • pay the application fee
  • ensure the correct payment has been made towards the Immigration Health Surcharge, if applicable.
  • Upload your supporting documents 
  • Attend your Visa Application Centre appointment for identity verification

Why choose us to help with your Visa Extension? 

We work with you to ensure that your documents meet the Home Office requirements and your application form is completed correctly. We ensure that the whole process is seamless and stress-free. We have helped many families migrate and settle in the UK and obtain British Citizenship

What Our Clients Say

Request a FREE assessment from our experts

Receive your assessment via:

Privacy Policy

Skilled Worker Visa 2024

Skilled Worker Visa Requirements 2024

The Skilled Worker Visa offers a route for international professionals seeking employment in the UK. Replacing the Tier 2 visa, it aims to attract...